Thursday, April 8, 2010
Clots
Yesterday afternoon Brad started complaining about his shoulder. We were pretty sure it was just because he had used his crutches a bunch on tuesday for his doctors appointment so we wrote it off as him being sore. Later on in the evening he started saying that it hurt him to breath because his broken rib was hurting him. I thought this was pretty weird because he had never complained about it before because of his pain medication. Around ten o'clock I started to worry because he had taken his pain pills an hour before and should of been feeling fine but the pain wasn't subsiding and was slowing getting worse. Throughout this whole process I have been deathly afraid of him getting blood clots because a great friend of mine from high schools mother died from a blood clot and I new how serious and quick it could come on. As I started googling symptoms and getting even more nervous I made Brad call our favorite soon to be doctor, Nate and ask him about what he thought and he told us to head on into the E.R. By the time we got to the doctor it was around 11:45 and by one o'clock in the morning, after a CT scan they found that he has several small blood clots in each of his lungs. He is on Lovenox and Coumadin both right now to start thinning his blood and he is checked back into the hospital until probably Sunday. Throughout this whole process I have never seen him in so much pain. It hurts him so much to breath that I cannot imagine what it would be like if the clots would of been larger. I feel so fortunate that we were able to catch them when we did and that they are small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Kt and Brad... I was so glad I was able to come in and see you guys yesterday. I hope Bingham treats you good :). Hope you get feeling better and things start lookin up soon. love you
Post a Comment