Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day One

As some of you may know, last night Brad had a little accident involving his paraglider, and a field. We thought that it was just a compound fracture in his right leg but when we got to the Blackfoot hospital we found out that he had broken his back at the lowest part at the L5 and has a broken rib and bleeding in his belly where he broke his back, which is supposed to go away on its own. Because of the crused L5, they transported him to Idaho Falls where they fixed his leg last night at at the moment he is in surgery getting his back fixed. In Blackfoot I was told that the back doctor, doctor Allen is the best in the area, so that was really comforting to know he is in good hands.

Last night Doctor Allen said that we are just at the beginning of a long journey that is going to have lots of ups and downs, which isn't comforting but I know he is going to be okay. We wont know how long he is going to have to be in the hospital until after his surgery tonight. I am so grateful for all the people who reached out and helped us last night. To the neighbor boys, and families driving by seeing, I am grateful because it could have been a lot worse without you. and all of our families members who have been at the hospital with us, It has really meant a lot and I don't think I would be able to handle it without you all so thank you. Thank you to everyone who has called and texted and said you were praying for Brad, I know it means a lot to him. I'll keep everyone posted.

3 comments:

doug said...

Thinking about you guys. Brad's a tough guy, keep us posted on how everything goes.

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

I am so sorry that happened!! you have always been so worried about that thing!! I'm sure this is going to make it so much worse!! please tell me if you need anything at all, we will for sure cut your hair next week let me know when the best time is for you I am sure your hands are full right now! good luck! love you!

The Lambpires said...

Thanks for the post Caitie.
I know he's going to be alright. Wish I was there. Keep me posted-- talk to you soon.