Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Days five and six

Monday: Brad didn't do to well Sunday night on his oral pain killers, they made him would have conversations with himself and he would see things. That morning they decided to change what kind of pain killers he was on and he struggled all day with dosages and kinds. He wasn't able to do PT because of stomach problems but the swelling in he leg and foot are starting to go down.

Tuesday: Brad had a rough night again with the pain killers and his monitors kept going off which was really frustrating. His morning didn't go to well either because when PT came to help him get in his brace and walk, the pain in his leg was too much for him to handle. Later on in the day PT came back and Brad was able to walk clear to the window at the end of his hall and back which is a HUGE improvement. He also didn't have to get another blood transfusion like they thought he would have to because his blood count is finally going up. He was also finally able to have solid foods for dinner which he was SO excited about because thats just one step closer to being able to go home. Speaking of going home, when Doctor Allen came to talk to Brad this morning about how he was doing he said within the next couple of days we will know when he will be able to go home. I am so excited to finally get him home. I know he is getting so frustrated with the hospital and I think it will lift his spirits to be able to be at home. He is healing much quicker then I thought he would and he is going to be all better before we know it.

5 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm praying for you guys Caitie... So glad he is going to make it home again wouldn't want it any other way!

doug said...

Thank you for keeping us posted! Do you think Brad will be available for a quick visit this weekend?

Justin and Kenzie Taylor said...

Caitie! I am so glad that things are starting look up for Brad. You are such a trooper and great wife! We love you guys are hope things continue to go well!

our story said...

Tell B-Rad that I will be up to see him soon, I know that that will lift his spirits. Mady will come and lift yours:)

~brynn~ said...

yay for solid foods! and getting closer to going home!

he sounds like he's doing so well!